At Francis Kennels, we understand you don't want to leave your pet with just anyone. You want to ensure your pet's safety, happiness, and health. And why wouldn't you? Pet's are children too. That's why we specialize in the care of dogs, cats, small (& exotic) animals. Our facility was designed from the ground up for pet care, and we make sure every owner and pet is happy during their vacation.
who is welcome to board with you?
All dogs who are up to date on their Bordetella (Kennel Cough) Vaccine, Rabies Vaccine, & DHLPP Vaccine are always welcome to board at Francis Kennels. Although it is not required, we do recommend the Canine Flu Vaccine. We do not discriminate against temperament, breed, age, or size.
All cats who are up to date on their FPV, Rabies, & Feline Leukemia Vaccine are always welcome to stay with us too.
Where will my pet stay?
Your pet will stay in a climate controlled area designed for them. Small dogs (under 15 lbs) stay in our Small Animal Room. It's also our bathing room, so our bather spends extra time talking to them and checking on them. All other canine guests stay in our Main Kennel Area, where we have indoor runs according to your dog's size. Privacy panels between each run mean your dog isn't looking at their neighbor, which makes for a more quiet environment. A stereo system playing calming music makes it feel more like home.
Our feline guests stay in our Cat Room. Each cat stays in their own kitty condo, and gets time to run around, lounge on the cat tree, or gaze out the windows.
what should I bring?
We will supply your pet with plenty of bedding & bowls. We recommend bringing their vaccination records, food, toys, & treats. We will return your collar/harness/leash to you at drop off unless specified otherwise.
We can feed your pet our food if you choose. Please specify at drop off if they need grain free food.
- A climate controlled housing, complete with a radio playing 24 hours
- 3-4 supervised play times per day (weather permitting)
- One-on-one walk with our dog walker
- Group play (or individual play if that's what your pet prefers)
- Feeding & medicating at your scheduled time & dosage
- Comfy bedding to relax on
- Top of the line care from our employees
- A Report Card: Filled out each shift, monitors your pet's eating, drinking, bathroom habits
A La Carte Extras
- Pond Play - $9.99 daily
- GoPro Video - $9.99 daily
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Kong (ask for it frozen during summer months!)- $1.99 daily
- Ice Cream (Purrrrfect for those hot summer days!) - $2.99 daily
- Holiday Dinner (during Major Holidays) - $4.99 daily
- Brushing - $7.99 daily
- Military/Police/Fire Personnel receive a 10% discount per night per pet
- Multiple pet families receive a 10% discount per night per pet (even if the pets do not stay together!)
- If your pet is staying 7+ nights, they receive a 10% discount per night
Discounts cannot be combined.
Our highly trained staff is equipped & experienced to care for your special needs pets. We understand that some pet's require extra, extra special care and we would love to go that extra mile. Please explain any special needs you think your pet may have at the time of making the reservation. Special needs may include, but not limited to:
- Medication Injections (i.e. insulin) - $4.99 per injection
- Medically Fragile - $4.99 per day
- Physically Fragile (requires assistance or a sling to be walked) - $4.99 per day
To ensure your pet with extra needs requires the very best care, we do charge a TLC fee of $4.99 per day or per injection.
small animal care
We can care for your small animals too! We have cared for rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets, reptiles, birds, ducks, even fish! We can be your one stop shop for all of your pet care on your way out of town for vacation. All small animals are $10 per night & must come in their enclosure from home.